Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Registry

I decided to make this blog more about preventing sexual abuse than informing about the different cases. This time I wanted to talk about the sex offender registry.
My mom actually informed me about this a couple years ago and I had absolutely no idea that it even existed. The United States Department of Justice commissioned the National Sex Offender Registry in 2005. Every time a person is convicted of a sexual offense, they are registered. I have used the website several times, just being curious as to who is around me. It is especially handy when you're moving to a new area and you need to know who to look out for in the neighborhood.
All you have to do is go to the Sex Offender Registry website and search your city and/or zip code. You can search for specific people as well. I highly recommend searching at least where you live, just to have an idea of who is around you and who you might need to stay away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment